Purpose of role
We are seeking friendly and empathic 1st year Level 4 Diploma, or Level 3 Counselling Students to welcome and chaperone clients attending the Wellbeing Centres for their counselling sessions.
This role would be perfect for someone who would like to gain valuable experience working within the Counselling Service of a mental health organisation before they start a placement.
A minimum of 3 hours per week: – weekday evenings, or Saturday daytime.
Bishops Stortford, Borehamwood, Dacorum, Letchworth, Waltham Cross, Ware and Watford
The main tasks for this role are as follows:
- Answer the door to clients and welcome them into the reception area
- Ensure that the clients are comfortable, informed and put them at their ease
- Liaise with counsellors appropriately to advise that their client has arrived
- Respond sensitively and appropriately to clients who may be experiencing anxiety, stress or other emotions
- Perform admin duties; such as inputting PHQ-9 and GAD-7 forms onto a spreadsheet, or database
- Report any safeguarding issues immediately to a member of staff/safeguarding lead