Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
When is it?
- Monday 16th January 2023 1pm – 4.30pm
(Watford Wellbeing Centre, 501 St Albans Road, WD24 7RZ)
- Tuesday 24th January 2023 1pm – 4.30pm
(Ware Wellbeing Centre, 14 New Road, SG12 7BS)
Who is it for?
Motivational Interviewing (MI) can be useful for everyone. However, the training is mostly relevant for anyone with a caseload or supporting those with a caseload.
What will it cover?
Motivational Interviewing is a collaborative conversation style used for strengthening a person’s own motivation and commitment to change. Believing that every person possesses a potential for change, MI aims to explore the ambivalence towards change so we can help release this potential and facilitate the person’s own change process. MI involves a wide range of different practical tools and techniques to draw out ideas from others and find ways to move forwards together.
- How might MI apply to your role?
- What is MI?
- Exploring Sustain and Change Talk
- The Spirit of MI
- Giving Advice with Elicit-Provide-Elicit (EPE)
- The Cape of MI (Compassion, Acceptance, Partnership, Evocation)
- The 4 MI Processes – EFEP (Engaging, Focusing, Evoking, Planning)
- OARS (Open Ended Questions, Affirmation, Reflections, Summaries)
Cost: £40 per person
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600