Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
When is it?
- Monday 16th January 2023 1pm – 4.30pm
(Watford Wellbeing Centre, 501 St Albans Road, WD24 7RZ)
- Tuesday 24th January 2023 1pm – 4.30pm
(Ware Wellbeing Centre, 14 New Road, SG12 7BS)
Who is it for?
Motivational Interviewing (MI) can be useful for everyone. However, the training is mostly relevant for anyone with a caseload or supporting those with a caseload.
What will it cover?
Motivational Interviewing is a collaborative conversation style used for strengthening a person’s own motivation and commitment to change. Believing that every person possesses a potential for change, MI aims to explore the ambivalence towards change so we can help release this potential and facilitate the person’s own change process. MI involves a wide range of different practical tools and techniques to draw out ideas from others and find ways to move forwards together.
- How might MI apply to your role?
- What is MI?
- Exploring Sustain and Change Talk
- The Spirit of MI
- Giving Advice with Elicit-Provide-Elicit (EPE)
- The Cape of MI (Compassion, Acceptance, Partnership, Evocation)
- The 4 MI Processes – EFEP (Engaging, Focusing, Evoking, Planning)
- OARS (Open Ended Questions, Affirmation, Reflections, Summaries)
Cost: £40 per person
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600
Fundraise for us
Find out how you can set up your very own fundraising campaign and start fundraising today!
To see the services that are available to you in your local area please click on the Centre that is closest to your location.
We develop and deliver high quality training services to voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations locally (and nationally) with a focus on mental health and wellbeing.Find out more