Medication & Mental Health
When is it?
- TBC – Any new dates will be added to our ‘Courses Coming Up’ page
For more information regarding delivering this training externally to a group, please contact us using the details provided below.
“One of the best courses I have attended at HMN. I have a better understanding of different types of medication that can be taken for mental health conditions and how these can affect individuals, plus what addiction and withdrawal can look like.”
– Recent Attendee
What will it cover?
This online training will provide an insight into medication used for mental health and its impact. The course will explore the different types of psychiatric medication, when they may be used, and the possible side effects will be explored. Using case studies, it will consider the impacts (both positive and negative) of medication uses on individuals, in order for delegates to gain insight into the lived experience of this.
The training aims to:
- Understand the different types of medication used for a range of mental health conditions and the categories they come under
- Understand why an individual may take medication and also why other options may be more suitable
- Understand some of the side effects of taking medication and how these may present themselves
- Be aware of who can prescribe medication for mental health conditions and the process of monitoring and reviewing
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600