Medication & Mental Health
When is it?
Aim of Session:
- This training will provide an insight into medication used for mental health and its impact.
- The different types of psychiatric medication, when they may be used, and the possible side effects will be explored.
- The session will use case studies to consider the impacts (both positive and negative) of medication uses on individuals, in order for delegates to gain insight into the lived experience of this.
- Understand the different types of medication used for a range of mental health conditions and the categories they come under
- Understand why an individual may take medication and also why other options may be more suitable
- Understand some of the side effects of taking medication and how these may present themselves
- Be aware of who can prescribe medication for mental health conditions and the process of monitoring and reviewing
Cost: £25 per person
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600
Fundraise for us
Find out how you can set up your very own fundraising campaign and start fundraising today!
To see the services that are available to you in your local area please click on the Centre that is closest to your location.
We develop and deliver high quality training services to voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations locally (and nationally) with a focus on mental health and wellbeing.Find out more