Mental Health Awareness in the Workplace
When is it?
What will it cover?
72 million working days are lost each year due to mental ill health. A work environment where employees feel comfortable to talk about their mental health and know where to seek support, creates a happier and healthier workforce. The session will explore mental health and the impact of mental health on work and vice versa. The purpose of this session is to open up a discussion about mental health in the workplace and explore practical strategies that managers can use to help manage and enhance their mental health in the work environment, alongside how to support their employees and their team. The training will develop individuals and managers’ confidence in engaging in conversations about employees’ mental health.
The training aims to:
- Provide an overview of a range of mental health issues, their prevalence, signs and symptoms, and how they can affect people
- Introduce the topic of mental health in the workplace and how it can impact ourselves and employees we manage
- Explore the difficulties faced as a result of working through the COVID-19 pandemic and working from home
- Recognise the impact of stigma in the workplace and how to create a positive work culture where colleagues can talk openly about mental health
- Discuss how to support employees and others, how to have a conversation about mental health and how to signpost
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600
Fundraise for us
Find out how you can set up your very own fundraising campaign and start fundraising today!
To see the services that are available to you in your local area please click on the Centre that is closest to your location.
We develop and deliver high quality training services to voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations locally (and nationally) with a focus on mental health and wellbeing.Find out more