Self-Compassion and Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
When is it?
- TBC – Any new dates will be added to our ‘Courses Coming Up’ page
For more information regarding delivering this training externally to a group, please contact us using the details provided below.
“The Self-Compassion session was brilliant, it was just what we needed to complete our service development day. The session had an excellent mixture of information, theory, challenge and positive actions to be more self-compassionate.”
– Wellbeing Day Attendee
What will it cover?
This course is for anyone interested in developing their understanding of the impact self-criticism can have and what it means to be self-compassionate.
CFT and practicing self-compassion has proven to have a positive effect on anxiety, depression, stress, anger and other mental health conditions, alongside fostering emotional resilience and promoting positive wellbeing.
The training aims to cover:
- Increase awareness and understanding of what self-compassion is, why it is important and how it can help
- Provide a brief introduction into the theory and model behind Compassion Focused Therapy and the three main components of our emotional regulation
- Understand the reasons why self-compassion can be difficult to administer and how our negative beliefs can become barriers
- Demonstrate how to prepare for self-compassion and identify ways to incorporate it by using compassionate imagery, thinking, living and behaviour
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600.