When is it?
- TBC – Any new dates will be added to our ‘Courses Coming Up’ page
For more information regarding delivering this training externally to a group, please contact us using the details provided below.
“Self-Harm is a very emotive topic and this training handled that perfect. The mix of lived experience and factual information helped develop my knowledge, understanding and confidence in supporting others”
– Recent Attendee
What will it cover?
Self-harm statistics appear to be on the increase, year on year; affecting people of all ages, genders and backgrounds. This session provides a comprehensive overview and aims to educate professionals and volunteers using both lived experience and professional background, as well as signposting to other resources and agencies.
The training aims to cover:
- Increased knowledge as to how self-harm manifests itself and the reasons it is often instigated
- Be able to spot the warning signs, both physical and emotional.
- Identify some of the reasons for self-harm and be aware of the risks related
- Consider the effect of myths and stigmas on how you approach the topic of self-harm
- Develop confidence in supporting someone who self-harms or may be considering it
- Raise awareness of further services, apps or websites that may be of assistance to you or your client
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600