Trauma & Trauma Informed Practice
When is it?
- TBC – Any new dates will be added to our ‘Courses Coming Up’ page
For more information regarding delivering this training externally to a group, please contact us using the details provided below.
“Self-Harm is a very emotive topic and this training handled that perfect. The mix of lived experience and factual information helped develop my knowledge, understanding and confidence in supporting others”
– Recent Attendee
What will it cover?
Trauma isn’t always about experiencing single traumatic events. It is an emotional response to an extreme moment of stress and pain. Despite sometimes being perceived as rare, trauma is a prevalent issue in contemporary society that can impact all of us.
The Trauma-Informed Practice training is designed to equip participants with essential knowledge and skills to deliver services in a way that prevents further harm or retraumatisation for individuals who have experienced psychological trauma or adversity at any stage in their lives.
The training aims to cover:
- Understand trauma and the effects that are commonly experienced post-trauma
- Recognise the difference between various types of trauma and the long-lasting impact
- Understand the neuroscience behind trauma and PTSD
- Identify the impact of trauma on the mind-body disconnection
- Embed the principles of a trauma informed approach in your practice
- Enhance listening skills and confidence in supporting those affected by trauma
- Increase awareness of local and national support services available for those affected by trauma
- Develop confidence in managing own mental health and the importance of self-care
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600