Understanding Autism and Practical Support Training
Who is this training for?
This training is for anyone who would like to broaden their understanding of autism and neurodiversity. The training will also provide a number of practical support techniques for those supporting or working alongside individuals on the autism spectrum.
The aim of this training course is to:
- Increase and develop your awareness of what we mean by the words ‘autism’, ‘neurodiversity’ and the ‘spectrum’
- Develop your awareness of the prevalence and statistics of Autism Spectrum Conditions
- Support you in understanding and identifying variations of the different traits, characteristics and behaviours displayed by individuals with autism. Alongside some of the common difficulties faced by autistic people in childhood and later life, such as the comorbidity of mental health conditions
- Challenge common stereotypes and false misconceptions about autistic people
- Learn a number of practical ways you can support an individual with autism to fulfill their potential, by understanding, adjusting and communicating more effectively
Attendees are not required to share their microphone or camera during the training, but may do so should they wish to. There will be breaks throughout the training course and the tutor will send all of the training content after the course, including any resources, references and training slides.
Out of stock