Understanding Neurodiversity & Practical Support
When is it?
What will it cover?
This session aims to provide an understanding of neurodiversity, with a specific focus on Autism Spectrum Disorder and how to practically support individuals.
- To increase and develop your awareness of what we mean by the words ‘autism’, ‘neurodiversity’ and the ‘spectrum’
- To develop your awareness of the prevalence and statistics of Autism Spectrum Conditions
- To support you in understanding and identifying variations of the different traits, characteristics and behaviours displayed by individuals with autism
- To describe some of the common difficulties faced by autistic people in childhood and later life, such as the comorbidity of mental health conditions
- To challenge common stereotypes and false misconceptions about autistic people
- To develop your identifying of a number risk factors impacting the individual, how an autistic person may mask how they feel and the differences between genders
- To learn a number of practical ways you can support an individual with autism to fulfil their potential, by understanding, adjusting and communicating more effectively
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600
Fundraise for us
Find out how you can set up your very own fundraising campaign and start fundraising today!
To see the services that are available to you in your local area please click on the Centre that is closest to your location.
We develop and deliver high quality training services to voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations locally (and nationally) with a focus on mental health and wellbeing.Find out more