Understanding Trauma, PTSD & Trauma Informed Practice
When is it?
What will it cover?
The overall aim of Trauma-Informed Practice is to ensure that services are delivered in ways that prevent further harm or retraumatisation for those who have already experienced psychological trauma or adversity at any stage in their lives.
To help you achieve the aim of Trauma-Informed Practice, the course covers mainly the following:
- The definition of a trauma and what effects are commonly experienced post-trauma.
- The idea that the effects of trauma can persist for a very long time or for ever.
- What makes for a trauma informed organisation?
- Examining additional factors relevant to your own specific situation.
- How Trauma-Informed Practice increases our job satisfaction, motivation and resilience.
- The questions we need to answer if we want our organisation to be Trauma Informed as well as your own practice.
- How you can apply the answers to those questions, to the benefit of your organisation
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600
Fundraise for us
Find out how you can set up your very own fundraising campaign and start fundraising today!
To see the services that are available to you in your local area please click on the Centre that is closest to your location.
We develop and deliver high quality training services to voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations locally (and nationally) with a focus on mental health and wellbeing.Find out more