About the service
The Stepping Stones service forms an integral part of Hertfordshire Mind Network’s (HMN) Community Services, providing one-to-one outreach support to facilitate a smooth, timely and supportive discharge from hospital back into the community.
The project is here to provide advice, information and holistic outreach support to people who are experiencing mental ill health or need help with their mental wellbeing.
We work alongside you to develop an individually tailored package of support that meets your needs, working with you for up to 8 weeks to find the solutions that are right for you. Stepping Stones also support referrals on to other services both internally and externally should longer-term support be required.
Our high quality service is flexible and will help you to resolve real-life difficulties and to improve your own independence, quality of life and wellbeing.
How can we help
The areas of support will be built around your needs, to help you with the goals that are most important to you. We can provide:
- Emotional and practical support.
- Help to improve your health and wellbeing
- Housing related support and advice, including homelessness
- Support with benefit applications
- Support to attend appointments with other services and community resources
- Signposting and onward referral to other services and community resources
- Help to reduce episodes of crisis
- Building life skills, confidence and self-esteem
- Support to build social networks and reduce isolation
- Drug and alcohol support
We can provide short-term advice, information and support.
We can meet with you on the hospital ward, within your local community, at one of our Wellbeing Centres and we can also arrange home visits.
We can also help you to access other services, groups and activities within Hertfordshire.
The length of the support is up to 8 weeks.
Areas we cover
To access the service, you need to be an adult living in Hertfordshire.