The session will provide crisis intervention training for helping those individuals with mental needs that are experiencing a crisis. This session will provide evidenced strategies for effective brief intervention and de-escalation. The session will also briefly cover risk assessment and management for when managing high stress situations.
I have a better understanding of what to look for if someone is going through a crisis and I feel very confident in being able to support them, specifically around talking to someone experiencing suicidal thoughts or ideation
What it will cover?
By the end of this training it is expected that you will:
- Know how to engage effectively with an individual in crisis and communicate appropriately to support in positively managing the situation.
- Have improved skills to de-escalate crisis situations.
- Know how to help individuals determine positive coping strategies and develop a management plan.
- Have an awareness of the range of services and interventions available for those experiencing a crisis.
- Have a better understanding and confidence in managing endings and exits.