What is covered
The aim of this training is to introduce the Spot the Signs campaign, raise awareness of suicide and provide practical steps to help attendees feel more confident in recognising and responding to those affected by suicide.
It was refreshing to revisit some areas with more in-depth discussion such as, real-life scenarios, specific crisis/safeguarding situations and how to manage them
By the end of this training it is expected that you will:
- Introduce and raise awareness of the Spot the Signs and Save a Life campaigns
- Gain a broader understanding of people who are experiencing suicidal thoughts and those who may be more at risk
- Feel more confident to spot the signs and ask questions to be able to identify those who may be at risk
- Provide practical steps to develop confidence in recognising and supporting those at risk and affected by suicide
- Have signposting information and an overview of services available locally
- Understand the importance of self-care in a supporting role
How to book
We can arrange and provide a number of varied training sessions to meet your needs:
- 3-Hour Half-Day Training
- 1-Hour Introduction Training
- GP & Primary Care Network Training
- In-House Training
1 Hour Introduction Sessions
We also provide shorter 1-hour introductory Spot The Signs training sessions, both for the public and GPs/PCNs.
A 1-hour introduction session provides an overview of the campaign, suicide prevention in the wider context and some information about how to support someone who may be distressed.
In House Training
Spot the Signs and Save a Life can also arrange and provide training in-house to your organisation, community group or workplace.
If you have more than 10 staff that would be able to attend a session, please email [email protected]