About the service
Our Complex Needs Housing Multi Disciplinary Team is here to provide advice, information, onward referral and holistic support to people who are experiencing mental ill health or need support with their mental wellbeing.
The service is for clients who are presenting to the housing teams as homeless at District and Borough councils.
We work alongside you to develop a tailored package of support that meets your needs, working with you to find the solutions that are right for you.
Our high quality service is flexible and will help you to resolve real-life difficulties and to improve your own independence, quality of life and well-being.
We work in partnership with local agencies such as district councils and housing teams.
How can we help
The areas of support will be built around your needs, to help you with the goals that are most important to you.
We can provide:
- Emotional and practical support.
- Help to improve your health and wellbeing
- Housing related support and advice, including homelessness
- Support with benefit applications
- Assistance in dealing positively with neighbourly disputes
- Support to attend appointments with other services and community resources
- Signposting and onward referral to other services and community resources
- Help to reduce episodes of crisis
- Building life skills, confidence and self-esteem
- Support to build social networks and reduce isolation
- Family issues such as Child Protection or Child in Need concerns
- Drug and alcohol support
We can also help you to access other services, groups and activities that Hertfordshire Mind Network offers.
We can provide short-term advice, information and support, or help you with needs that may take more time to resolve. The length of the support will be based on individual need.
We can meet with you within your local community, at one of our Wellbeing Centres and can also arrange home visits.
Areas we cover
To access the service you need to be presenting as homeless and have a mental health need.
We will work as a multi-disciplinary team with the Housing Teams and Drug and Alcohol services to ensure you receive support tailored to your needs.
We work with housing teams and Drug & Alcohol Services across the following District and Borough council areas:
- Watford & Three Rivers
- Stevenage & North Herts
- Hertsmere & Dacorum
- Broxbourne & East Herts
- Welwyn, Hatfield & St. Albans
Referrals need to be made by the Housing Team at the council.