About the service
If you are 18 years or over, male or female, and experiencing domestic abuse, there is support available from people who understand what you’re going through and won’t judge or blame you.
You can speak to us in confidence and we will listen, offer advice, information and practical help to empower you and enhance your safety and wellbeing.
Our Domestic Abuse Caseworker will offer you an easy-to-access, high quality service, providing a range of support, based on your needs and wishes.
We will listen to you without judgement and will help you to explore your options and make your own choices, taking actions at a pace that is right for you.
We can also help you to access alternative accommodation, safety planning and access to health care if needed.
We can provide one-to-one support at a safe place of your choosing within the local community. This could be at your home, a local community venue or other place that is agreed with you.
You will be able to access a trained and experienced worker as soon as you make contact with us.
How can we help?
The areas of support will be built around your needs, to support you with the goals that are most important to you. We will work with you to develop an individually-tailored support plan to meet the needs that you identify. This may include:
- Emotional and practical help
- Advice, information and support planning tailored to your needs
- Ensuring your views and concerns are heard by service providers and other agencies
- Safety planning, including practical steps to help reduce the risk of harm and enable you to feel safer
- Support and information about the Criminal Justice System
- Providing guidance and support on civil orders and injunctions
- Signposting to other support agencies
- Providing support at meetings with relevant agencies
- Support with children’s wellbeing and safety
Liaison with other agencies such as housing, social services, solicitors, police, etc.
I have a better understanding, and feel I have been supported through all of it. I don’t know where I would be without the support, I can now see the abuse for what it is – I was blind to it before – I now have ways I can deal with it