About the service
Our countywide Flourish service is here to provide advice, information, onward referral and holistic support to refugees who are experiencing mental ill health, or need support with their mental wellbeing or daily challenges.
This service is available to refugees and asylum seekers aged 16 and above, offering up to 10 sessions.
We work in partnership with local agencies and charities such as the Refugee Council, Communities 1st, Herts Welcomes Refugees, local district councils, social prescribers, citizens advice bureau and other professional agencies.
We will work alongside you to develop a tailored package of support that meets your needs, working with you to find the solutions that are right for you.
Our high quality service is flexible and will help you to resolve real-life difficulties and to improve your own independence, quality of life and wellbeing.
How can we help
The areas of support will be built around your needs, to help you with the goals that are most important to you.
We can provide:
- Emotional and practical support
- Help to improve your health and wellbeing
- Housing related support and advice, including homelessness
- Support with benefit applications and other applications such as visa applications
- Support with Job applications
- Psycho-education around your mental health and how it might affect you
- Support to attend appointments with other services and community resources
- Signposting and onward referral to other services and community resources
- Help to reduce episodes of crisis
- Building life skills, confidence and self-esteem
- Support to build social networks and reduce isolation
- Support with relationships with hosting families
- Drug and alcohol support
- Weekly peer support groups in our Wellbeing Centres
We can also help hosts and guests to access other services, groups and activities that Hertfordshire Mind Network offers.
We can provide short-term advice, information and support.
We can meet with you within your local community, at one of our Wellbeing Centres and can also arrange home visits.
The Flourish service can also provide support to sponsors and host families. We can provide emotional and practical support for hosts who may be finding the process more difficult then they anticipated. We can also provide information about local services, community resources, help with relationship breakdowns, and support with understanding and responding to cultural differences between guests and hosts.
How to refer
To access the service, you need to be presenting with a mental health need.
You can self-refer to this service. Referrals can also be made by hosting families or through other professionals.