About the service
Our Community Support Service is here to provide advice, information and holistic outreach support to people who are experiencing mental ill-health or need help with their mental wellbeing.
We work alongside you to develop an individually tailored package of support that meets your needs, working with you to find the solutions that are right for you.
Our high quality service is flexible and will help you to resolve real-life difficulties and to improve your own independence, quality of life and wellbeing.
How can we help
The areas of support will be built around your needs, to help you with the goals that are most important to you. We can provide:
- Emotional and practical support.
- Help to improve your health and wellbeing
- Housing related support and advice, including homelessness
- Support with benefit applications
- Assistance in dealing positively with neighbourly disputes
- Support to attend appointments with other services and community resources
- Signposting and onward referral to other services and community resources
- Help to reduce episodes of crisis
- Building life skills, confidence and self-esteem
- Support to build social networks and reduce isolation
- Family issues such as Child Protection or Child in Need concerns
- Drug and alcohol support
We can also help you to access other services, groups and activities that Hertfordshire Mind Network offers.
We can provide short-term advice, information and support, or help you with needs that may take more time to resolve. The length of the support will be based on individual need.
We can meet with you within your local community, at one of our Wellbeing Centres and can also arrange home visits.
The service offered me support in a way drink and drug services couldn’t. My CSS worker helped me rationalise my thoughts more clearly and understand my mental health
Areas we cover
To access the service you need to be an adult living in one of the following areas:
- Three Rivers District
- Watford (Healthy Hub)
- Or have a tenancy with Paradigm Housing in Hertfordshire