About our counselling placements
We are looking for Volunteer Counsellors to join our counselling service. In return, you will gain excellent experience of working with a diverse client group and enhance your knowledge and understanding of mental health issues. You will also have access to other potential training opportunities and potential supervision support.
Applicants can apply to our countywide counselling service which covers Watford and Hemel, but we are particularly encouraging applications for Ware, Waltham Cross, Letchworth, Borehamwood and Bishop’s Stortford.
If you are in your final Diploma year (or equivalent), or are looking for extra counselling hours for accreditation please contact us for further details, or download our Application Pack. Qualified counsellors are welcome to apply for a volunteer position with our service, if they would like to gain experience in other areas.
The application process
- Send the completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form (download links below) to Hertfordshire Mind Network (CVs are not accepted).
- You will be contacted to let you know if you will be shortlisted for an interview.
- On the day of the interview, the first part of the interview process is a one-to-one interview with the Clinical Lead and the second part is a 20-minute role play.
- Hertfordshire Mind Network aims to inform candidates within a week if they have been successful, are being called back for a second role play, or will be contacted at a later stage for a second interview.
- If successful, then you will be invited to attend Volunteer Induction training. This will cover working at Hertfordshire Mind Network, mental health awareness and the policies and procedures you will need to be familiar with and adhere to, including safeguarding and confidentiality.
If you have any questions please contact us on 02037 273600 or e-mail [email protected]