Assertiveness and Communication Styles
When is it?
- TBC – Any new dates will be added to our ‘Courses Coming Up’ page
For more information regarding delivering this training externally to a group, please contact us using the details provided below.
“This course was brilliant, it was just what we needed to complete our service development day. The session had an excellent mixture of information, theory, challenge and positive actions to be more self-compassionate.”
– Local GP Surgery
What will it cover?
Assertiveness is a learned behaviour and thinking style encompassing the ability to express yourself in an open, honest and direct way. Being assertive means recognising your rights whilst respecting the rights of others. Contrary to belief, assertiveness is not a fixed state and it can be learned by anyone. This workshop aims to support attendees to learn about the different types of communication styles and how to become more assertive in all walks of life.
This workshop aims to cover:
- Explore the different types of communication styles
- Recognise what assertiveness is, what it is not and think about your own communication style
- Understand the definitions, beliefs, motivations, results of and appearance of different communication styles
- Differentiate between assertiveness, aggressiveness, passiveness and passive-aggressiveness.
- Learn and practice a wide variety of practical tools to increase assertiveness
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600.