Mental Health Awareness & Resilience Training
When is it?
This course will provide an overview of a range of mental health issues (from the more common anxiety to less common psychosis) including their prevalence, signs and symptoms, causes and how they can affect people. The aim of the course is to help participant’s recognise the impact that mental health issues can have on individuals. The course will help participants to consider how they can protect their own mental health and wellbeing and that of others. Participants will be made aware of the importance of challenging stereotypes, myths and stigma surrounding mental health issues and championing inclusion.
I feel I understand the issues people face better and am more able to recognise the signs someone maybe suffering from poor mental health
What will it cover?
By the end of this training it is expected that you will:
- Have an increased knowledge and broad understanding of a range of mental health issues and the impact that they can have on individuals and understand some of the most common signs and symptoms of mental health conditions.
- Identify ways in which they can support their own and others mental health and wellbeing.
- Have an awareness of best practice and improved confidence when engaging with individuals experiencing mental health issues.
- Have an awareness of the range of services and interventions available for those experiencing mental health issues.
- Recognise that everyone has a role in promoting inclusion and challenging stigma of mental health issues.
Fundraise for us
Find out how you can set up your very own fundraising campaign and start fundraising today!
To see the services that are available to you in your local area please click on the Centre that is closest to your location.
We develop and deliver high quality training services to voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations locally (and nationally) with a focus on mental health and wellbeing.Find out more