When is it?
- TBC – Any new dates will be added to our ‘Courses Coming Up’ page
For more information regarding delivering this training externally to a group, please contact us using the details provided below.
“I really enjoyed this course. It was surprisingly fun and also very interactive. It has taught me a lot about MI and how I can motivate people towards change.”
– Recent Attendee
What will it cover?
Motivational Interviewing is a collaborative conversation style used for strengthening a person’s own motivation and commitment to change. Believing that every person possesses a potential for change, MI aims to explore the ambivalence towards change so we can help release this potential and facilitate the person’s own change process. MI involves a wide range of different practical tools and techniques to draw out ideas from others and find ways to move forwards together.
The training aims to cover:
- How might MI apply to your role?
- What is MI?
- Exploring Sustain and Change Talk
- The Spirit of MI
- Giving Advice with Elicit-Provide-Elicit (EPE)
- The Cape of MI (Compassion, Acceptance, Partnership, Evocation)
- The 4 MI Processes – EFEP (Engaging, Focusing, Evoking, Planning)
- OARS (Open Ended Questions, Affirmation, Reflections, Summaries)
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600.