Supporting Others in a Peer Way
When is it?
- Wednesday 7th February 2024 from 9.30am – 4.30pm (Taking place in the group room at our Ware Wellbeing Centre, , 14 New Road, SG12 7BS)
- Monday 18th March 2024 from 9.30am – 4.30pm (Taking place over Zoom)
For more information regarding delivering this training externally to a group, please contact us using the details provided below.
Really enjoyable and interesting. Definitely deepened my knowledge and understanding.
– Recent attendee
What will it cover?
This course looks at ‘How to support others in a Peer Way’ and the fundamentals needed to work effectively. The delivery and content are designed to encourage and develop a reflective practise. This allows attendees to build on ‘The foundations of Peer Support’ and develop skills and awareness to support others. This course will further explore our Peer Support Charter, with the emphasis on supporting others.
This workshop aims to cover:
- A deeper understanding of Peer Support in a supportive role
- A framework for anyone to apply their lived experience in a professional/personal setting to support others in need
- A deepening of understanding of the benefits of supporting others using the Peer Way
- An exploration of the Charter Values needed to work effectively in a peer way
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who has completed ‘The Foundations of Peer Support’
- Those who are currently working with clients on a one-to-one basis
- Those who would like to explore whether they are ready to support others
- Those who are currently managing their own wellbeing
PLEASE NOTE: This course is for those who are managing their wellbeing and not recommended for those in current crisis, due to the emotive and reflective elements of the course.
For more information
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600.