Understanding Self Harm
When is it?
What will it cover?
Self-harm statistics appear to be on the increase, year on year; affecting people of all ages, genders and backgrounds. This session provides a comprehensive overview, including information relating to self-harm, warning signs to look out for and how to help support someone both short-term and long-term.
The aim of this training is to educate professionals and volunteers using both lived experience and professional background, as well as signposting to other resources and agencies. The training also aims to:
- Increased knowledge as to how self-harm manifests itself and the reasons it is often instigated
- Be able to spot the warning signs, both physical and emotional.
- Identify some of the reasons for self-harm and be aware of the risks related
- Consider the effect of myths and stigmas on how you approach the topic of self-harm
- Develop confidence in supporting someone who self-harms or may be considering it
- Raise awareness of further services, apps or websites that may be of assistance to you or your client
If you would like to know more about our training courses, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600
Fundraise for us
Find out how you can set up your very own fundraising campaign and start fundraising today!
To see the services that are available to you in your local area please click on the Centre that is closest to your location.
We develop and deliver high quality training services to voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations locally (and nationally) with a focus on mental health and wellbeing.Find out more